Job TitlePrograms Coordinator
DepartmentFriends of North Richmond
Reporting StructureReports to assigned Location Director
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives.
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with corporate, civic and church volunteer groups; participates in volunteer fairs, community meetings, etc. to build awareness in community on the goals, purpose and needs of Attack Poverty; build public support for our cause and recruit volunteers.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contact within the community with community members and stake holders
- Oversees development of Child Services, Adult Education Programs, and Community Revitalization, Events and Engagement (CREE) in conjunction with Location Director and Coordinators.
- Assists in fundraising.
- Coordinates with location staff to steward the approved program and volunteer budgets and assist with program monitoring and evaluations.
- Manage and maintain organizationally shared files including organizational databases, program schedules and other files as assigned.
- Coordinates with location staff to complete program reporting as required.
- Attend all staff meetings, all location team meetings and additional continuing education opportunities for staff growth.
- Ability to become proficient with organizational database for program management.
- Provides office support as needed and other duties as assigned by location Director.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Develops and prepares marketing material for Initiative programs utilizing the organization’s branding standards.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Experience: Prior relevant work experience required. Minimum of 4 years relevant experience preferred (Degree in related field may be substituted for experience).
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree or higher preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.