Job TitlePrograms Coordinator
DepartmentFriends of North Rosenberg
Reporting StructureReports to assigned Location Director
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives.
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with corporate, civic and church volunteer groups; participates in volunteer fairs, community meetings, etc. to build awareness in community on the goals, purpose and needs of Attack Poverty; build public support for our cause and recruit volunteers.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contact within the community with community members and stake holders
- Oversees development of Child Services, Adult Education Programs, and Community Revitalization, Events and Engagement (CREE) in conjunction with Location Director and Coordinators.
- Assists in fundraising.
- Coordinates with location staff to steward the approved program and volunteer budgets and assist with program monitoring and evaluations.
- Manage and maintain organizationally shared files including organizational databases, program schedules and other files as assigned.
- Coordinates with location staff to complete program reporting as required.
- Attend all staff meetings, all location team meetings and additional continuing education opportunities for staff growth.
- Ability to become proficient with organizational database for program management.
- Provides office support as needed and other duties as assigned by location Director.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Develops and prepares marketing material for Initiative programs utilizing the organization’s branding standards.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Collaborates with the Location Director(s), Program Leaders and community stakeholders to identify program opportunities; Manage and coordinate program involvement and engagement as well as maintain information in organizational databases. Assigns task to and manages work of direct reports, including staff performance evaluations.
Receives general direction from assigned Location Director(s) and other Directors/Managers.
Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, effective organizational skills and attention to detail. Routinely interacts with employees, organization leaders, donors, community residents, volunteer groups and community stakeholders.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Experience: Prior relevant work experience required. Minimum of 4 years relevant experience preferred (Degree in related field may be substituted for experience). Experience in fundraising and organizing sports programs preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree or higher preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish) highly preferred.