Job TitleAccounts Payable Coordinator
Reporting StructureSr. Director, Human Resources
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and
preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and
documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organizing mission by completing related results as needed.
- Tracks and reports on all grant funding.
- Deposits and maintains all check, cash and ACH donations received.
- Initiate and process wire requests.
- Reconcile coded transactions to bank feed.
- Process and input accruals when necessary.
- Provides office support as needed and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED; Accounting courses
Required Experience: Minimum of one year of Accounts Payable experience.
Preferred Experience: Nonprofit or industry related experience.