Job TitleDirector – You Can Academy
DepartmentAttack Poverty | Child Services
Reporting StructureReports to Senior Director - Operations
The Director of You Can Academy will be responsible for overseeing a region of afterschool program locations, acting as the key link between the headquarter office and program locations. The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations and carry out organization policies, procedures and guidelines while ensuring focus on the partnership with schools, districts and families.
The Program Manager oversees general operations of 5+ School Age after school childcare programs located within public schools and Attack Poverty Resource Centers. Each program location has its own You Can Academy Coordinator and teaching staff who manage day to day programming.
Job Location: Attack Poverty Headquarters – Stafford, Tx; with regional day-travel
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Meet and maintain Attack Poverty standards and goals as outlined by the Senior Director – Operations and supervising agency
- Meet and maintain state licensing requirements at each site
- Act as a liaison between the headquarter office and the regional locations by making regular visits and interacting with staff and school personnel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance; including Location Directors in locations which offer additional programming such as Adult Services.
- Recruit, select, new hire orientations, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in assigned areas
- Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and enforcing policies and procedures
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing and implementing quality and customer-service standards
- Resolving issues, audit and licensing compliance, identifying trends and implementing change
- Communicating and collaborating with school and district administration on a regular basis
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ensuring each location is operationally sound and aligns with organization standards
- Leading and training employees in our efforts of continuous improvement
- Providing team with a stimulating and supportive environment
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Current Texas Center Director License
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 3-year experience working in a structured childcare in a licensed setting
- Experience with State Childcare licensing
- All staff must complete state required background checks
- Experience working with the Food Program a strong plus, but not required
- Experience launching new afterschool or child care programs a strong plus, but not required