Job TitleCommunications Coordinator
Reporting StructureReports to assigned Development Director(s)
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives.
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Leads and manages the organization’s social media pages including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linked In including the management of the Lightful Social Media Platform.
- Works across the department and with contracted freelancers to ensure communication is in sync and connected for all distribution mediums including the website, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Organizes communication for AP events
- Executes strategic planning goals for the development department as it relates to communications.
- Manages AP Studio and studio equipment.
- Coordinates communication for ongoing communication efforts including videos and newsletters.
- Gathers and writes stories alongside the development coordinator.
- Form, Plan and Coordinate communication series with the CEO and Senior Leadership team members including but not limited to, “Live with the CEO” Facebook Live Series, “Be the Bridge” Facebook Live Series, “AP Hope Stories” and Advent Devotion Guide.
- Provides office support as needed and other duties as assigned
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Provide logistics support to department wide communication efforts.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience (Degree in related field may be substituted for the experience)
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree or higher preferred.