Job TitleHuman Resource Manager
Reporting StructureReports to COO
Attack Poverty, Richmond, TX, seeks to hire a part-time Human Resources Manager. Great opportunity to help guide and support staff serving under-resource communities and support transformation through empowerment! Will lead and manage all aspects of Human Resources for the organization including recruiting, employee benefits, recording keeping, payroll, employee development and risk management.
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives.
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Organizes and coordinates office HR operations and procedures.
- Coordinates the selection and recruitment procedure of new employee candidates.
- Trains and orients new employees about the office policies, procedures and equipment.
- Ensures that personnel files are up to date and secure.
- Guides Directors and other employees in matters related to career development, staffing initiatives, employee relations, workplace ethics and performance management.
- Conducts exit interviews during employee terminations and resignations.
- Provides recommendations for development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and safe workplace environment.
- Responsible for HR functions such as hiring, benefits (including insurances & 403b), and personnel matters.
- Process Payroll including calculations to allocate costs across departments
- Manages and Maintains the web-based HR Platform Paycor for HR Recordkeeping, Payroll, Trainings, and compliance matters.
- Other duties as assigned by the COO.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Knowledge of human resources program development to attract, reward and retain employees.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Pages, PowerPoint and Outlook; and able to easily learn new platforms including integrated systems.
Managerial Responsibilities: Collaborates with all staff regarding office policies, procedures and employee expectations. Direction Received: Collaborates with Directors to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency for office operations and procedures. Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits. Communication Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving skills, decision making skills, stress management and time management skills, effective verbal and listening skills, effective organizational skills and attention to detail. Routinely interacts with employees, organization leaders, donors, vendors, community residents, volunteer groups and community stakeholders.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Preferred Experience: 3+ years Managerial experience in a related field.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field desirable.