Job TitleVolunteer Coordinator
DepartmentFriends of North Rosenberg
Reporting StructureReports to assigned Initiative Director(s)
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives.
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with corporate, civic and church volunteer groups; participates in volunteer fairs, community meetings, etc. to build awareness in community on the goals, purpose and needs of Attack Poverty; build public support for our cause and recruit volunteers.
- Works on programs of limited complexity and scope.
- Coordinate recruitment, orientation, training and placement of volunteers in conjunction with Initiative Director.
- Assists in fundraising.
- Coordinates with Initiative staff to steward the approved program and volunteer budgets.
- Manage and maintain organizationally shared files including organizational databases, volunteer schedules and other files as assigned.
- Attend all staff meetings, all initiative team meetings and additional continuing education opportunities for staff growth.
- Ability to become proficient with organizational database for volunteer and program management.
- Provides office support as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Develops and prepares marketing material for Initiative programs utilizing the organization’s branding standards.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Managerial Responsibilities: Collaborates with the Initiative Director(s), Program Leaders and community stakeholders to identify program volunteer opportunities; Manage and coordinate all volunteer/program involvement and engagement as well as maintain volunteer-related information in organizational databases.
Direction Received: Receives general direction from assigned Initiative Director(s) and other Directors/Managers.
Communication Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, effective organizational skills and attention to detail. Routinely interacts with employees, organization leaders, donors, community residents, volunteer groups and community stakeholders. Leads volunteer meetings and makes presentations.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Qualifications and Educational Requirements: Preferred Experience: 4+ years’ experience (Degree in related field may be substituted for the experience)
Preferred Education: High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree or higher desirable.