Job TitleDevelopment Director
DepartmentAttack Poverty Headquarters
Reporting StructureReports to President/CEO
Attack Poverty, Richmond, TX, seeks to hire a full-time Development Director. This position will report to the President/CEO. The duties include, but are not limited to: initiate and maintain relationships with donors, community collaborators(church leaders and other nonprofit organizations), organizational leaders, and community stakeholders; create and implement annual development plan and strategy to meet annual budget through personal/organizational goals and training staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts; develop and implement comprehensive public relations strategy; write grant proposals and reports to corporate and foundation funders; responsible for success of donor management and annual budget raised; keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in development plan and strategy; represent the organization at important functions, conferences and media interviews.
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives.
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Uses creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems.
- Authoritative, decisive, and able to make recommendations on extensive funding activities.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with donors, organizational leaders and community stakeholders.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with community collaborators (church leaders, other non-profits, businesses and community leaders).
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy to raise/meet the annual budget through personal/organizational goals and training staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and public relations strategy.
- Develop brand strategy for Initiative programs and Attack Poverty.
- Represents the organization at important functions or conferences, including media interviews.
- Attend all staff meetings and additional continuing education opportunities for staff growth.
- Other duties as assigned by President/CEO.
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate and foundation funders.
- Responsible for success of donor management and annual budget raised.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in development plan and strategy.
Direct and oversee all aspects of development to maintain and expand Attack Poverty’s funding from private foundations, as well as develop new sources of income from individuals, events, social media campaigns. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as member of organization’s leadership team.
Receives general administrative direction from President/CEO.
Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving skills, decision making skills, stress management and time management skills, effective verbal and listening skills, and effective organizational skills. Routinely interacts with employees, organization leaders, donors, community residents, volunteer groups and community stakeholders.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Preferred Experience: 3+ years in the industry with development experience.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field desirable. Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues related to the industry.