Job TitleAdult Services Coordinator
DepartmentFriends of North Richmond
Reporting StructureReports to assigned Program Coordinator
Essential DutiesEssential Duties
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives.
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to provide a safe and positive environment for Adult Services participants in order to encourage returning to school or the workplace.
- Steward budget and assist with program monitoring/evaluations.
- Oversees and directs all aspects of Adult Services programs, including lesson plans, program calendar and leading adult classes, as necessary.
- Lead and train volunteers in conjunction with Programs Coordinator. Report any volunteer needs or concerns to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Develop procedures and policies for operation of GED prep, Job readiness training and financial literacy programs in conjunction with Program Coordinator.
- Manage and maintain corporately shared files including records needed for program administration and other files as assigned.
- Assists in fundraising.
- Attend all staff meetings, all location team meetings and additional continuing education opportunities for staff growth.
- Network with the North Richmond community and local businesses.
- Provides office support as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Analyzes and applies information for program evaluations.
- Classroom management skills including but not limited to problem-solving and conflict mediation.
- Develops and prepares program lessons and training for volunteers.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in education or a related field preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree or higher in related field preferred.