DepartmentAttack Poverty | Accounting
Essential DutiesEssential Duties
- Champion the mission and vision to tell the story of Attack Poverty initiatives
- Agrees to uphold the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Entering cash receipts and monitoring and reviews A/R
- Monitors the cash receipts log to be certain all deposits are made in a timely fashion
- Makes certain all check requests, invoices, checks and ACH payments have the necessary approvals
- Monthly reconciliation of accounting system to donor management system
- Monthly reconciliation of grant spending to department tracking
- Produces and sends monthly reports by department with comparisons of actual to budget
- Assists controller in guiding and monitoring the month-end close process to ensure timely financial statement reporting
- Makes any necessary monthly journal entries, including depreciation, cost allocations, recognition of prepaid expense, accruals, reversal of accruals, reclasses of expenses or income, etc.
- Supervises the AP Coordinator
- Supervises the issuing of 1099’s to vendors at the end of the calendar year
- Is responsible for maintaining the central electronic files and archives
- Year end audit and 990 support
- Provides office support as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Develops and prepares data reports utilizing the organization’s branding standards
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Pages, PowerPoint and Outlook; Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus, or other Accounting software Direction Received: Receives direction from the Controller
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business-related field.
Required Experience: Minimum of three years of Accounting experience; Superior attention to details.
Preferred Experience: Nonprofit or industry related experience.