Attack Poverty Counseling Services
In Partnership with STCH Ministries.
Through the support of our generous donors, counseling is available to Attack Poverty community members at no cost for up to six months. Our trained and supervised Community Social Worker can help with:
- Emotional distress from anxiety, depression, grief, loss or trauma
- Family conflict and parenting concerns
- Relational problems
- Youth development regarding family, peers and school
- Adjustment in recovering from a disaster
- Support with major life decisions and transitions
- EMDR Therapy, solution-focused brief counseling & Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Referrals to community resources, mental health resources and spiritual support.
Our work is collaborative; working towards goals and concerns set by you, confidential, strengths-based, empowering, trauma-informed, and faith-based.
Sessions are currently being offered online and in-person at select locations. Please call 832.899.5211 to find out more.
Need help now? If you are currently having suicidal or homicidal thoughts, please contact 911 immediately and request help. You can also speak with a crisis counselor 24/7 at Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255.
See if you’re a good fit for our program by scheduling an appointment with our Community Social Worker below.